I have to say my blog has really grown over the last few months. I have learned so much in the last two years when it comes to officially running a blog. I want to share a few of the best things I've learned in a nutshell. These are thing people did not tell me and I seriously figured out on my own, these tips can be quite helpful, especially if your blog is just starting up.
1. Keep it Clean - When I first started I realized I was doing too much as far as my template was concerned. I had this crazy background with blurred out pictures of me. It was dark, with all kinds of fonts, and just... a lot. Clean is best. Thus I have a white background with plain letters. People are interested in the content of your blog and it just looks more professional. Invest in a decent template people. It doesn't have to cost a ton but pick something clean.
My current blog template was purchased from a lovely chic named Rekita Nicole. I love her site... she has several clean templates to choose from. On top of that, she was very professional, reasonable in price, and she even installed my template for me (now she charges a fee respectively). If I had any questions she responded to my emails fast. Her website can be found HERE . Another template I used and had for the longest was found on and Etsy store called "Shiny Magic" found HERE ( they are always having sales on templates) Just like Rekita.. Lynsey the creator was really nice and can make any changes you need if you want the template tweaked. She has a HUGE selection of templates.
2. Participate - I LOVE reading comments, I try my best to respond to every one I get. I also read a LOT of blogs and leave comments as well. In fact, the more I participated and followed other blogs the more the favor was returned. I pick at least one day of the week where I find five new blogs to read and comment on.
3. Photography is Everything - There is nothing worse than unclear pictures on a blog. When I look at some of my old posts I seriously cringe. But I keep them there as a reminder for myself how much this blog has progressed. Large clear pictures are always best. Honestly, I have a professional camera. But I prefer to use my iphone 6 for most of my photography. Only because it's always with me. My 13 year old son is the photographer, I think all my yelling has kicked in. We've come a looooong way lol. If he and I aren't together I have one of my friends snap the pics. FYI I don't yell at them as much because their tolerance level is very low.. with the exception of my friend Zachary, he just gets it. Oh, I use the "After Light" app for editing when necessary.
4. Consistency- I try my best to blog at least three times a week. Usually Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I do this to keep people reading and to keep things fresh. Although this is a hobby I enjoy I treat it like a part time job, always thinking of things to discuss.. trust me I'm working on innovating this thing.
5. Be Real- I don't feel I am one of those "perfect" bloggers. I don't travel the world and or country every two days. I don't have every expensive pair of shoes and handbags. I cuss sometimes, and I try to be as personal as far as comfort level allows. If I am hanging out I enjoy sharing pictures of the events and sometimes personal pictures of my friends and family. I just keep it real. People like real. Be real.
Enough of that here's the really good stuff
I have been saying for the longest when I reach 100 followers on bloglovin and GFC each I would do a giveaway. We made it! In honor of 100+ followers (each page) I am giving away a $100 visa gift card. If you're a blogger you know, it's not easy exposing yourself to the world. You open yourself up to criticism as well as a world of positivity. Either way I want to personally thank any and everyone who has left a nice comment, genuinely read my posts, and who keep up with my blog by following it. THANK YOU
Enough of me being all sentimental, entering is very simple. This is an international giveaway, meaning anyone on the planet can enter and win. The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter. Entries start now and end Monday June 15, 2015 Midnight eastern time.
.:: The rules... (This is international.. anyone on the planet can enter) ::.
1. Be following this blog via GFC or Bloglovin
2. Leave a comment saying something... hi, thanks,.. something. lol
3.Follow me on Instagram @AshleyTamarra
That's it... Inside the giveaway I have added more ways to win for more chances. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Making my dreams come true,